6.19.2009

Love and Marriage

My new favorite word is "amicable".

Maybe we have always been better friends than lovers; maybe we misconstrued a love of friendship and tried to force and one of a intimate more intimate nature. Whatever the case, I know we were in the other's life for a reason, and that we still care greatly for one another. The only thing important to both of us as we go through a separation is maintaining that friendship. He is my best friend—I don't want to lose that along with a husband.

If this had to happen, then this is the way I would want it: with love, compassion, and flexibility from both of us. I can't say that I'm not desperately sad, but I can say I haven't cried nearly as much in the last two days.

I can get through this. Small steps.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you can save the friendship. I'm glad you're shedding fewer tears and send you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if you need anyone to talk to, you have an old friend here.

    Jenny W

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of people going through the same kind of thing. I hope things get better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Spit it, betch!